PAN or Permanent Account Number is a unique identification number issued to Indian residents, especially tax paying citizens. PAN Card is issued by the Income Tax Department of India.
Here are general knowledge about PAN Number and PAN Card.
What is PAN Card details?
PAN Card has details like Name of Pan card holder, his/her date of birth and the Permanent Account Number mentioned below that. It also has the logo of Income Tax Department and photo of the PAN Card holder.
What is Permanent Account Number?
PAN or Permanent Account Number is an alpha-numeric code that is used as a government issued ID number. It also acts as the Income Tax serial number for an individual in India. There are 10 characters in every PAN number.
How many types of PAN card are there?
There are various types of PAN card. PAN Card can be made by an individual as well as business entities. There is a different type of PAN Card for NGO or private organization that want tax benefit.
Different types of PAN Card are as follows –
- PAN Card for AOP (Association of Persons)
- PAN Card for BOI (Body of Individual)
- PAN Card for Company
- PAN Card for firm
- PAN Card for Government
- PAN Card for HUF (Hindu Undivided Family)
- PAN Card for Local Authority
- PAN Card for Aritifcial Juridical Person
- PAN Card for Proprietor (Individual)
- PAN Card for Trust (AOP)
- PAN Card for LLP (Limited Liability Partnership)
How does PAN Card Work?
A Permanent Account Number works according to the structure of PAN. The PAN card works as per follows –
- The first five digits, which are alphabets, denote the type of PAN Card. The fourth digit tells the type of holder.
- Next four digits are numeric and denote the serial number of PAN Card.
- The last digit is an alphabet and is used to verify the current PAN Number.